Monday, March 28, 2016

Quick Reviews | Red Queen & Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Everyone has been ranting about this series for literally ever (that is definitely not correct English), and I was so excited to finally pick it up!!  I have had Red Queen waiting on my shelf for quite a while now, but when I found a gorgeous signed hardcover of Glass Sword at Costco (literally cheap book heaven), it renewed my enthusiasm for these books.  After binge reading both books, I am now not-so-patiently waiting for the next book to come out, which, sadly, does not come out until next year :'(.  Until then, I decided to post quick reviews for both of these books, because sometimes you only need a few words to convey your feelings for an entire 400 page novel (okay let's be honest I'm just lazy)...


Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First 1/3 of this book: It's okay I guess...
Second 1/3: Really, what is all the hype about??
Last 1/3: WAIT. WHAT??? WAIT WHAT?!?!?! NOOOO WAIT WHAT OHMYGOD NOO AHHH I NEED THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT NOW



Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is so freaking good but that ending actually killed me. I am writing from the grave to tell you that reading this book when the third book is still a year away was a bad idea!!!



View all my reviews


Let me know if you have read one or both of these books, or want to read them in the comments below!  If you have read them, what did you think?

9 comments:

  1. I loved Red Queen so much! That PLOT TWIST MAN! I preordered that book last year for the cover and because I was seeing it everywhere, I never read the synopsis before I read it so the entirety of that book was a surprise for me! I have a copy of Glass Sword waiting for me (which I accidentally spoiled it for myself :'( ), but I can't wait to read it! It's just been staring at me for so long now! I'm glad to see that you liked it, I have seen some mixed reviews about that one, but I'm just dying to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the plot twist in Red Queen took me so much by surprise! I didn't see it coming at all!! But yes omg you need to read Glass Sword; it's so good! Let me know when you read it so I can see your review :).

      Delete
  2. I'm very conflicted with this book. On one hand, it looks so unique and thrilling, but it does have mixed reviews. But your reviews might have convinced me to perhaps give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think that most of Red Queen is pretty basic. I would have rated it a 3 stars if it wasn't for the ending, which totally made up for it!!! Glass Sword continues the fast pace and plot twists throughout the whole book, so I enjoyed it a lot more... Let me know if you read it so I can know your thoughts!! :)

      Delete
  3. I have been debating reading these for a LONG time, but maybe I should just give in to the hype. It seems you either love it or hate it, though, so I am curious to see what side I am on. PLUS THOSE COVERS. Really, you can't get much better than that. And everyone talks about a plot twist??? Lovely little reviews XD

    ❤ Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know right, the covers are PERFECT, especially Red Queen!! As for the plot twists, you're going to have to read it to find out... ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you liked these two books, Bryce! I agree, there has been a lot of rants about this - but I've always thought it sounds like an awesome book - albeit maybe having a problematic character (Mare seems to be someone everyone dislikes!! :( ) So happy you enjoyed these books - and have fun waiting another, is it eleven months? for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely had a problem with Mare, especially at the end of Glass Sword... Hopefully she can redeem herself in the next book! And augh don't remind me hahaha

      Delete
  5. You are literally the first person that I've encountered that loved Glass Sword.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).