Monday, March 28, 2016

Quick Reviews | Red Queen & Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Everyone has been ranting about this series for literally ever (that is definitely not correct English), and I was so excited to finally pick it up!!  I have had Red Queen waiting on my shelf for quite a while now, but when I found a gorgeous signed hardcover of Glass Sword at Costco (literally cheap book heaven), it renewed my enthusiasm for these books.  After binge reading both books, I am now not-so-patiently waiting for the next book to come out, which, sadly, does not come out until next year :'(.  Until then, I decided to post quick reviews for both of these books, because sometimes you only need a few words to convey your feelings for an entire 400 page novel (okay let's be honest I'm just lazy)...


Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First 1/3 of this book: It's okay I guess...
Second 1/3: Really, what is all the hype about??
Last 1/3: WAIT. WHAT??? WAIT WHAT?!?!?! NOOOO WAIT WHAT OHMYGOD NOO AHHH I NEED THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT NOW



Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is so freaking good but that ending actually killed me. I am writing from the grave to tell you that reading this book when the third book is still a year away was a bad idea!!!



View all my reviews


Let me know if you have read one or both of these books, or want to read them in the comments below!  If you have read them, what did you think?