Friday, February 10, 2017

Update | Book Reviews & Music

There are two things I love most in this world: books and music.  And dogs, but that's not important right now.  When I started this blog, I wanted to focus on both of those things, but somehow the music part got a little lost along the way.

I was inspired by a lot of things to create this blog, and one of those things was Beth Crowley's music.  If you guys don't know her (definitely check out her music!), she first became known for writing songs based on books, specifically one she wrote for City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.  I absolutely loved this idea, and it even inspired the name for my blog, (novels-to-song).

Anyway, that led me to another discovery- playlists created for books.  This was obsession of mine for a long time as well.  I love the idea of having music to listen to while reading a book that fits in with the story or the tone of the book!  I also just like being exposed to new music.

So, in an effort to incorporate more music in my blog, I'm going to be including a song in all of my book reviews that I think somehow relates to the book, whether it's a similar tone, or the lyrics remind me of it, or whatever.  Hopefully you guys will get some good song recs out of it and be able to listen to the song when you read the book!

Anyway, this post is now way longer than necessary, so I'm gonna stop now.  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).