Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Favorite Books of 2016

This year, I read a total of 62 books!  2016 was a pretty good year of reading for me; out of those 62 books, almost all of them were 4 or 5 stars.  However, out of the books I read this year, some stood out more than others.  So here are (in no particular order) my top 9 favorite books that I read in 2016!


This book had a lot of hype, but I daresay that it lived up to it.  I loved the characters, and the world, and everything else about this book.

This book can be described in one word: badass.  Not what I was expecting at all, but even better.  I definitely would recommend to anyone who is a big fantasy lover.

This was an ARC that I read (it comes out in January of 2017).  I love Elise's work, but this book surpassed my highest expectations!  Another great book for my fantasy lovers out there.  See my review.



Contemporary isn't my fav, but this book blew my out of the water.  Great characters, diversity, and plot.  The only time instalove has ever been acceptable.  See my review.

I love re-tellings, especially from the villian's POV, so this was fun for me.  I loved the characters, even the psycho ones.  I especially loved how much this book ties into the original Alice in Wonderland story!  I'm definitely accepting this book as headcannon.

  Gemina actually blew my mind.  I was comatose for like 5 hours after finishing it because I literally could not process what I just read.  My brain cannot handle such pure epicness apparently.  See my review.




This series will forever be one of my favorite series of all time, and Winter did not let me down.  See my review.

I literally can't express my feelings for this book because there are just too many of them.  Just read it.  That's all you need to know.

I am not a history person.  At all.  I probably never would have read this book if I hadn't gotten a copy at YALLWEST.  Obviously, I am extremely grateful I did.  I'm pretty sure this is the only book that has actually made me laugh out loud.  If you like funny books, please do yourself a favor and read this book!


So, what were your favorite books of 2016?  Are any of them the ones above?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).