Sunday, October 16, 2016

Book Recommendations | Contemporary YA

I've been reading a lot of contemporary lately, and I've discovered some new favorites!  So I thought I would share with you guys really quickly some Contemporary YA books I've read in the past few weeks that I really enjoyed.




First & Then by Emma Mills

Why I Rec: Super cute characters, especially Ezra and Foster!  I love how awkward Ezra is, too.







P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

Why I Rec: This was my first Kasie West book and I was pleasantly surprised!  Super adorable plot, even if it was a little predictable (I guessed who the penpal was 3 chapters in).  Definitely look forward to read more of her books in the future!









The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler

Why I Rec:  Really interesting premise done right.  Loved the characters and the connection to the ocean and water!








Underwater by Marisa Reichardt

Why I Rec:  Loved the take on metal illness and some of the other topics addressed in this book.  Really interesting read.







Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Why I Rec:  This was my first Sarah Dessen book, and I'm glad I decided to give it a try!  I definitely agree that it's hard to connect with Auden, the MC, at first because of her attitude, but she grows a ton as a character throughout the story.  By the end, I was completely sucked into her world!





Let me know if you have read any of these books, or if you want to read them!  I'd love to hear your thoughts :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).