Saturday, June 25, 2016

I'm Back! + A Lot of Book Recommendations

So... I'm back!  I missed blogging a lot over the past month & a half, but I definitely needed the break.  If you guys have no idea what I'm talking about, you can refer to my previous post here.  Anyways, since I was on a lot of pain meds (which made my focus equivalent to that of a goldfish) and I couldn't sit for more than 20 minutes, I unfortunately did not have the opportunity to write any reviews.  However, that left a lot of time for reading.  So, instead of going back and trying to write reviews for all the books I read during that time, I decided to create one big post of all the books that I read and loved over the past few weeks!  I totally recommend all of these books to you if you haven't read them yet, and if you have, let me know if you have enjoyed them as much as I have!



Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens AgendaSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SO FREAKING ADORABLE. This is definitely one of my new favorite contemporaries!



The Problem with ForeverThe Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

HOW THE HECK DOES JLA DO THIS?!?! I don't think I'll ever read a book by her that doesn't blow me away. Seriously. Author goals.



This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

YES. YES YES YES. This is everything I ever wanted and more. It took me a little while to get into it, but after a few chapters I was absolutely hooked. Definitely a top favorite read of 2016.  Be sure to check it out when it releases July 5th!


Frigid (Frigid, #1)Frigid by J. Lynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

JLA is queen. Seriously, this book is sooo good, and it definitely helped pull me out of a reading slump. When in doubt, read a JLA book (my new philosophy).



Scorched (Frigid, #2)Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading Frigid, I, of course, immediately ordered Scorched. And, lo and behold, I was not disappointed! Honestly, at this point, Jennifer could probably write trash Twilight fanfic and I would still probably read it.


After You (Me Before You, #2)After You by Jojo Moyes

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a great sequel to a fantastic book! However, I couldn't give 5 stars, because it just didn't live up to my expectations after Me Before You. Something just seemed a little off with this book, though I'm definitely glad that I could finally get some closure.

Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road, #1)Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay, based off the synopsis, I didn't really think I was going to enjoy this book that much, but I got it for free and I was really bored. Well, I'm so glad I decided to take a chance, because this book was so much fun to read! I loved the characters, the humor, the romance, everything!  I would definitely recommend this book, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

Walk the Edge (Thunder Road, #2)Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Definitely was not disappointed with this epic sequel! I loved getting a look into Razor's head, as well as adding a new character into the mix. I'm still most excited about book 3, so we can finally get some closure on Violet and Chevy!!


A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG THIS BOOK. If you guys thought the first book was good, just wait until you read this one...



A Totally Awkward Love StoryA Totally Awkward Love Story by Tom Ellen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is such an adorable, fun read! I definitely enjoyed myself!





View all my reviews


7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It looks like you've read a lot of good books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I loved Simon Vs. It was so lighthearted but also quite important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes omg I don't think I've heard of anyone disliking that book!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back - and you managed to get a *lot* of reading done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And yeah hahahaha I feel guilty because I totally used that surgery as an excuse to sit around and read all day xD.

      Delete
    2. You may as well get the most out of it, after all ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).