Saturday, April 9, 2016

Conversations | Are there any particular diverse books you read more and why?


Conversations is a new meme created by Geraldine @ Corralling Books and Joan @ Fiddler Blue.  Basically, they come up with a basic theme to discuss each month, and a topic every other Saturday, and we discuss it!  I thought it sounded super fun, and I'm always looking for more ways to join in in the bookish community.  Today's topic that we are discussing is: are there any particular diverse books you read more and why?


While I am so glad that books, YA especially, are becoming more and more diverse, I don't really decide to read books based on how diverse they are.  That being said, I think I have read a lot more LGBTQ+ books than any other type of diverse book, mainly because they are the most abundant.  However, I do have some diverse books that I can recommend to those who are looking for them!


Mental Illness

All the Bright Places      Thirteen Reasons Why      Underwater

LGBTQ+

Every Day (Every Day, #1)      Carry On      Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe      Made of Stars      Fan Art

Diverse Cultures & POC Leads

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)      An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)      Doon (Doon, #1)      Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe       Everything, Everything


Let me know in the comments if you have any other good recommendations for diverse books, or if you have read any of the ones above!