Saturday, January 23, 2016

Book Review | Fan Art by Sarah Tregay

Title: Fan Art
Author: Sarah Tregay
Publication: June 17th 2014 by Katherine Tegen Books
Series: Standalone
Pages: 354
Genre: Contemporary, YA
Copy: Hardcover; Bought
Summary: Senior year is almost over, and Jamie Peterson has a big problem. Not college—that’s all set. Not prom—he’ll find a date somehow. No, it’s the worst problem of all: he’s fallen for his best friend.As much as Jamie tries to keep it under wraps, everyone seems to know where his affections lie, and the giggling girls in art class are determined to help Jamie get together with Mason. But Jamie isn’t sure if that’s what he wants—because as much as Jamie would like to come clean to Mason, what if the truth ruins everything? What if there are no more road trips, taco dinners, or movie nights? Does he dare risk a childhood friendship for romance?
This book is about what happens when a picture reveals what we can’t say, when art is truer than life, and how falling in love is easy, except when it’s not. Fan Art explores the joys and pains of friendship, of pressing boundaries, and how facing our worst fears can sometimes lead us to what we want most.




I'm reading a really high fantasy book right now (Red Rising by Pierce Brown) and while it's a fantastic book, I needed to take a break from complicated plots and complex characters.  So, I decided to find the cutest, most cheesiest (in a good way) YA contemporary on my TBR shelf and read it.  So that's how I finally picked up Fan Art by Sarah Tregay.

This book was exactly what I needed it to be: cute, fun, & quick.  The characters in this book are adorable and relatable, and the romance is the CUTEST THING EVER.  I can't blame the girls in this book for fangirling over Jamie and Mason, because I was right there with them.
"No. No, no. No.I did not just do that. I can't believe I just did that! Mason and I have been friends since third grade, and I have never looked at him like that. Other guys, yeah, but not him. It should be in the Bible. Thou shalt not check out thy best friend."
The writing is really funny, and although the plot is somewhat plain, the execution makes up for it.  I'm not saying that this book is perfect, because it's not.  There are definitely little things that could have been improved.  But overall, if you just want to sit down and really enjoy a cute, fun, and easy read, I would absolutely recommend reading this book!



4 comments:

  1. THIS BOOK LOOKS TOO CUTE! I love reading quick, fluffy and light contemporaries, they're great pick me ups. Great review Bryce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely get in the mood sometimes to get away from hard hitting, profound novels and just relax by reading a fun, gushy book. This looks too cute, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to break up reading high fantasy and other more complicated books by reading cute contemporary books like this! :) Looks like this one is one that I should remember the next time I'm in the mood for something light and fluffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely reading this one! So cute :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).