Title: My True Love Gave to Me
Publication: October 14th 2014 by St. Martin's Press
Series: Standalone; 12 Short Stories
Genre: YA; Romance
Copy: Bought; Hardcover
Summary: If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you’re going to fall in love with My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by international bestselling author Stephanie Perkins. Whether you enjoy celebrating Christmas or Hanukkah, Winter Solstice or New Year's there's something here for everyone. So curl up by the fireplace and get cozy. You have twelve reasons this season to stay indoors and fall in love.
Since this book is a little different, I thought I would do a little more creative review. So, here are my reactions to each holiday story in the form of Supernatural GIFs (you're welcome).
1. "Midnights" by Rainbow Rowell
2. "The Lady and the Fox" by Kelly Link
3. "Angels in the Snow" by Matt de la Pena
4. "Polaris is Where You'll Find Me" by Jenny Han
5. "It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown" by Stephanie Perkins
6. "Your Temporary Santa" by David Levithan
7. "Krampuslauf" by Holly Black
8. "What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth?" by Gayle Forman
9. "Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus" by Myra McEntire
10. "Welcome to Christmas, CA" by Kiersten White
11. "Star of Bethlehem" by Ally Carter
12. "The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer" by Laini Taylor
Okay, but for real. This is such a fun book! The stories were so cute and fun to read, and they definitely got me into the holiday spirit. Yes, a couple of them were weird and confusing (as you can probably tell from the gifs). But overall, I really did enjoy reading this book as a whole.
Get a Copy: