Monday, December 28, 2015

Book Haul | Christmas 2015






Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year!  I love the decorations, the beautiful lights, the smells.  I love getting together with family.  This year, my book-loving self was spoiled to death.  I think everyone finally realized that I wasn't joking when I said the only thing I wanted for Christmas was books...
So, without further adieu, here is my 2015 Christmas book haul!









1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff 
I have been wanting to read this book for FOREVER. I've heard such amazing things, and I don't think I've read a single bad review.  Plus, the hardcover is absolutely gorgeous.


Look at it!!!  The cover is see-through, and the actual hardback has all this cool writing and stuff. Augh.  Anyway, I will definitely be reading this soon!

2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
This is another book that I have been hearing a lot about.  I have a very strong feeling that I will be all-aboard the hype train in a few months...

3. This Shattered World and Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
These are books 2 & 3 in the Starbound trilogy.  I read These Broken Stars a while ago and absolutely loved it!  From what I've heard, these two books are just as great!  I can't wait to read them and find out...

4. After You by Jojo Moyes
This is the sequel to Me Before You.  Let me tell you, that book broke me.  I couldn't function properly for days after reading that book.  It might be a while before I read this one, because Me Before You broke my heart, and a girl needs some time to heal from that.

5. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Me and this book go wayyy back.  I went to a convention in the fall of 2014, way before this book came out, and met Sabaa at one of the panels.  I remember thinking, Wow, I can't wait to read that book!  It seems really interesting!  And here we are, over a year and so much hype later, and a still haven't read it.  Hopefully actually having a copy on my shelf will get me to read finally read it...

6. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
I mean, they're advertising this as a cross between The Fault in Our Stars and Eleanor & Park.  How can I not read this??  Also, apparently it's becoming a movie soon?...

7. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Again, I've heard so much about this book.  Hopefully, I will enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to have!  Plus that cover is beautiful!

8. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Okay I just finished reading this book (I read it in like 5 hours hahaha) and I LOVEEEEED it!!!  I'll put a full review up soon.

9. Invaded by Melissa Landers
 This is the sequel to Alienated, which I read sometime last year (I think???).  It was sooo good (HOT ALIENS!!!), and I hope this one lives up to my expectations!

10. November 9 by Colleen Hoover
I swear that every single person in the entire universe has read this book except me.  Okay, that might have been a bit of an exaggeration.  But still.  How have so many people already read this book??? It just came out!!! Anyway, I'm determined to read this book soon so I can join the hype.

11. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
I've been hearing a ton about this book on Tumblr, for some reason.  What is Tumblr's obsession with The Raven Boys?!?!  I must find out.

12. The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel
This is another sequel to a book called The Book of Ivy.  Even though I have a copy of The Book of Ivy, I haven't actually read it yet.  Hopefully I will like it enough to even want to read the sequel!



And that concludes this book haul!  Let me know which of these books you have read or want to read!

9 comments:

  1. I got Everything Everything too and I can't wait to begin it! The cover is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got some truly awesome books this year! The Raven Boys is just spectacular, and The Kiss of Deception is really fun to read. I can't wait to read your review of Everything, Everything, since I have been wanting to read that for ages! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! Ok, the cover of Illuminae is just so beautiful!! :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should look into picking up Illuminae sometime because I have heard so many good things about it. I really liked Red Queen so I hope you do too. Can't wait to read your review of Everything, Everything; I liked this book as well. I read Alienated and tried to pick up Invaded but wasn't a fan of the beginning, so I stopped reading it. Hopefully you'll like it more than I did. I read The Book of Ivy and really liked it. The sequel was okay, it just kind of felt like a letdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh awesome books you got! I'm totally excited for you to start reading this all! Most of the books you listed here were included in my priority tbr-list, so I guess we clicked in that way. :D

    On a side note, I wish you more great books to read this coming 2016! Cheers, Bryce!! ❤

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona!! I hope you get the books you've been waiting for this upcoming year as well :).

      Delete
  6. I will definitely be checking out all those books! So awesome that you got books for gifts! Love your blog! :)

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And Happy New Year to you as well! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on my posts! I read and cherish every single one of them, even if I don't respond :).